Last Updated: November 24, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
The Bike & Customer Support
- Immediate check after collecting from each ride
- Re-check 30 minutes before delivering to new customers
- Weekly maintenance
- High-quality 3/4-Face or Full-Face Helmets
- Rain Poncho
- Medical Firsl Aid Kit for minor injuries
- Emergency Mobile Phone for emergency cases (especially in case your phone is unavailable in Vietnam)
- Phone Holder to be set at bike’s front part for easy navigation (Google Maps, Maps.Me) during rides
- List of destinations in and around Hoi An (My Son Sanctuary, Marble Mountain, Hai Van Pass,…)
In addition, we have a full range of accessories for rent: Selfie Stick, Biker Camera, Top Box, Elbow & Knee Guard
Also, please fill up the tank before returning the bikes. If you don’t want to refuel, you can pay us a small amount of money for the petrol. The maximum cost will be: $4 (Standard Bike) / $8 (Premium Bike) / $13 (Motor Bike).
You can also chat with us on Skype hoianbikerental or Facebook facebook.com/HoiAnBikeRental. If you are near to any motorbike repair shop, come in there and ask for repair service. We are sure that the locals are willing to assist you. When in there, just use the Emergency Mobile Phone to call us so that we can help with talking to the repairing workers.
How to Book a Bike?
- Make an online booking on our website: http://hoianbikerental.com/booking
- Text or call us at +84 9611 72420 (WhatsApp available)
- Send us an email: email@example.com
- Chat with us on Skype: hoianbikerental or Facebook: facebook.com/HoiAnBikeRental
- Or request for support from the receptionist at your accomodation
- Call us at +84 9611 72420 (WhatsApp available)
- Or request for booking support from the receptionist at your accomodation
We will try to arrange bikes for you upon availability.
- Standard/Standard+ Bike: 100 USD
- Premium Bike: 200 USD
- Motor Bike: 400 USD
We are sure that you’ll be happy with our service even when you need to pay $1-2 more.
Sure. You can cancel the booking whenever you want. No charge, no complain. But it will be better for us to arrange the bike for other customers, so please let us know your cancellation as soon as possible. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +84 9611 72420 (WhatsApp available) in case of cancellation.
Currently, we only accept cash payment upon bikes returning (We accept popular foreign currencies like US dollars, Euro, Singapore Dollar, Australian Dollar, Chinese Yuan…). Even a mix of currencies are fine. We are now also in the process of completing our payment system via credit card and PayPal and hoping to serve you on those channels soon.
Yes. The bikes are always FREELY delivered and picked up at any places within Hoi An. As for places outside of Hoi An city such as Da Nang aiport, we offer delivery/pickup service at the listed prices:
- 15 km from the centre of Hoi An: $5/one way
- 30 km from the centre of Hoi An: $8/one way
- 40 km from the centre of Hoi An: $10/one way
We do hope that our customers are not going to experience any problem. In the event of problems, we do hope no any serious injury caused to our customers. If customers experience bikes’ losses, we will estimate reasonable cost upon usage time of the bikes. The cost will be fluctuating from $1,200 – $3,500. If customers experience bikes’ damage, we will work with the respective Warranty Center to estimate reimbursement.
Bike accessories are reimbursed as follows:
- Rain Poncho: $8
- Medical First Aid Kit: $14
- Phone Holder: $15
- Elbow & Knee Guard:: $9
- Emergency Mobile Phone: $22
- 3/4-Face Helmet: $35
- Full-Face Helmet: $50
- Top Box: $80
- Biker Camera: $150
Yes. Our advice for customers is NOT TO RIDE when intoxicated. Either take a taxi home or take a pillion seat with the sober friend. Call us at +84 9611 72420 (WhatsApp available) for bringing the bike back to your accomodation at just $10.
Tips for Riding in Hoi An
By law, you need it. Everybody need to have a driving license for riding >50cc scooter/motorbike in Vietnam. But with foreign travelers, police almost will not stop you if you ride carefully (especially wear a helmet).
When you hire motorbike/scooter from Hoi An Bike Rental, in the event of being stopped by the police, call us at +84 961 172 420 for support (using Emergency Mobile Phone in the centre compartment of the bike).
The most important tip is to always ride the bike carefully. In addition, you should put these tips into your mind:
- Always wear a helmet (for your safety, if not you can always get caught by the policemen)
- Ride the bike at the right side of the streets
- Use the horn when necessary
- Don’t ride your bike back when intoxicated, instead, take a taxi. In case of being drunk, call us for support of bringing the bike back to your hotel.
- Be extra careful when passing or turning at the crossroads (even at the crossroads with traffic lights because there might be people running red lights)
Hoi An is not a very crowded city and has quite a good traffic infrastructure. Therefore, it’s safe and convenient to ride scooters here. Of course, you also need to be mindful when riding on the road. Safety first!
The police will never stop you as long as you follow all the riding tips above.
In the event of being stopped by the police, please call us at +84 961 172 420 for support (using Emergency Mobile Phone in the centre compartment of the bike).