Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated: April 20, 2021
The Bike & Customer Support
We offer new and near-new bikes. All of them are perfect-condition and regularly maintained to ensure the quality for riding.
- Immediate check after collecting from customers
- Re-check before delivering to new customers
- Weekly maintenance
Our bikes always come with handy accessories helping you have a smooth and safe riding:
- High-quality helmets with visor (each bike comes with 3-4 different size helmets, so you can choose which ones fitting your head)
- Mobile phone holder (attaching mobile phone for navigation with Google Maps or Maps.Me)
- Medical first aid kits in case of accident (our customers oten use medical to help other people on the way)
- Emergency mobile phone for emergency call (especially in case your phone is unavailable in Vietnam)
- A very helpful email for a list of interesting attractions in and around Hoi An (with Google Maps links for the best route to My Son, Ba Na Hills, Countryside, hidden beaches, list of gas stations,…)
In addition, we offer other accessories for extra rental: biker camera, top-box, elbow & knee guard pads
No. Unlike other bike shops in Vietnam that bring you bikes with almost empty tanks, we bring you bikes with absolutely full tank. Just get the bikes and go. You do not have to find a gas station.
When you return the bikes, you can choose to fill the tanks up or pay for the difference (fuel you would use). In case you will not fill the tanks, you will be charged even cheaper than any gas station. Pay for the difference is recommended. We would like to make sure no overcharge or scam happened with you at the gas station.
Well, it will be an unexpected case. You and we don’t want any issue to happen on the way, but it may happen. In that case, we are always ready to assist you. Please catch us via any contact as below:
How to Book a Bike?
Sure. You can book a bike anytime you want. We will be not sure, but we almost always have excellent bikes available for you. We will try to arrange delivery to you within 30 minutes after you contact us or finish the booking.
No. Your passport is not required to hire a bike from us. For deposit of the bikes, you can choose to leave a driving license, personal id card, credit card (rider ‘s or passenger ‘s is fine), or cash (any currency is accepted).
We know that our price is a little bit higher than other shops. And we are so sorry for this. But we offer you a top-notch bike rental service that is different from other bike shops in Hoi An (or Vietnam). Almost all of them offer you a bike. That is all!
We offer you with a fabulous riding experience to explore the beauties of Hoi An and surroundings. Therefore, we offer you with new bikes (almost all of them are new perfect-condition) coming with handy accessories (high-quality helmets, phone holder for navigation, rain ponchos for raining, emergency phone for support,…). And especially very helpful information for the best routes and best attractions in oi An and surroundings (pre-defined Google Maps links are included). We do not offer you a bike, we offer you a riding experience. The price is a little bit higher. But you will be happy.
We are just a small family-based business, so we accept cash only. But you can pay by any currency (VND, AUD, Euro, GBP, USD, SGD,…). And you pay when you finish the rental. You don’t have to prepare cash on delivery.
Yes. We offer free delivery and pickup at any place in Hoi An (hotel, homestay, cafe, shop,…). For delivery/pickup to outside of Hoi An (such as Da Nang), a small fee is applied as below:
- 10 km from the centre of Hoi An: $5/one way
- 20 km from the centre of Hoi An: $7/one way
- 30 km from the centre of Hoi An: $9/one way
We do hope that our customers are not going to experience any problem. In the event of problems, we do hope no serious injury is caused to our customers. If customers experience bikes’ losses, we will estimate reasonable cost upon usage time of the bikes. The cost will be fluctuating from $1,200 – $3,500. If customers experience bikes’ damage, we will work with the respective Warranty Center to estimate reimbursement.
Bike accessories are reimbursed as follows:
- Rain Poncho: $8
- Medical First Aid Kit: $14
- Phone Holder: $15
- Elbow & Knee Guard:: $9
- Emergency Mobile Phone: $22
- 3/4-Face Helmet: $35
- Full-Face Helmet: $50
- Top Box: $80
- Biker Camera: $150
Yes. Our advice for customers is NOT TO RIDE when intoxicated. Either take a taxi home or take a pillion seat with a sober friend. Call us at +84 9611 72420 (WhatsApp available) for bringing the bike back to your accommodation for free. Your safety is the most important.
Tips for Riding in Hoi An
By law, you need it. Everybody needs to have a driving license for riding >50cc scooter/motorbike in Vietnam. But police in Hoi An and surroundings (Da Nang, My Son, Hai Van Pass,…) almost never stop foreign travelers. So no worries about this.
The most important tip is to always ride the bike slowly and carefully. In addition, you should put these tips into your mind:
- Always wear helmets for your safety
- Ride at the right side
- Not be afraid of pushing the horn
- Don’t ride your bike back when intoxicated, instead, take a taxi. In case of being drunk, call us for support of bringing the bike back to your hotel
- Be extra careful when passing or turning at the crossroads (even at the crossroads with traffic lights because there might be people running red lights)
- Avoid the highway as much as possible. Search Google Maps for village roads that are much more safe and beautiful
Hoi An is not a very crowded city and has quite good traffic. Therefore, it’s safe and convenient to ride scooters here. Of course, you also need to be mindful when riding on the road. Safety first!
Almost never. It sometimes happens, but rarely. You rarely see them along the way in Hoi An and surroundings. But you have to ride slowly and carefully for your and others’ safety. It is a must.